Minerva Analytics is seeking a Software Engineer to join its team, a recent venture to emerge from the Cogo Labs proven incubation model. Your raw energy and hunger to hone your engineering chops building consumer web applications will become the foundation of your success here.
About the job:
This is a developer position on the Minerva Analytics product team. You'll be immersed in full-stack development on performant, feature-rich web and native applications backed by data-driven analytics and design teams. You aren't just another cog in the wheel here: your work will actively determine the success of our products.
The successful candidate will…
- Have a basic understanding of SQL and web security best practices.
- Think about performance, maintainability, and testing throughout an application's design and implementation phases.
- Be comfortable learning how to work with a front-end framework such as React, Angular, Ember, etc.
- Thrive in a fast paced, data-driven environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Experience building applications with Django and/or React.
- Experience working with Docker based deployment systems.
- Expert-level skill with something unrelated to computers (Legos, an instrument, carpentry, precision ax-throwing, anything).
About Minerva Analytics:
- We're a media company. We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses.
- Our work is challenging and fast-paced; our work environment is fun and supportive.
- Our company is profitable and established. This means "startup culture" without "startup anxiety."
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, plus an equity share that actually means something.
- Our employees have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and whatever you are.