Data is the life blood of Cogo Labs and impacts nearly all decision making within the company. Cogo Lab’s data team serves the important responsibility of maintaining, planning, and scaling these vital systems. As a curator of these systems you will ingest and process billions of events each day and have a direct impact on Cogo’s bottom line.
The Cogo Labs data team is a small, friendly, experienced group of Data Engineers. This role is a unique opportunity for software engineers and Computer Science grads looking to break into the data field, learn technologies that are in high demand in today’s market, and grow quickly as a part of a creative and innovative team. Candidates who are excited to hit the ground running, get their hands dirty, and face challenges head-on will flourish in this role and on this team.
As an Associate Data Engineer you will:
- Write software in a variety of languages like Python, Java, and Scala.
- Learn the ins and outs of the Big Data landscape
- Become familiar with technologies and ideas like Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Data Lakes, and High Availability
- Build and maintain robust, fault-tolerant ETL pipelines for Cogo's internal and external data resources
- Work with incubating companies and teams to plan their data pipeline, optimize their SQL, and act as a sounding board for all data questions
- Maintain, plan, and scale Cogo's MySQL and PostgreSQL relational database infrastructure
- Respond to occasional off-hours outages
Skills and requirements:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering required
- Fluency with at least two programming languages
- Familiarity with SQL and database design
- Experience working with macOS or Linux development tools
- The willingness and ability to learn