Cogo Labs is seeking a Web Engineer for an incubating company, Uplift Financial. This role is perfect for a candidate with 1-3 years' experience in web development. We are looking for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing and innovative start-up, with the support of an incubator with a track record of success, including EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER), Autotegrity (acquired, ADP), and CourseAdvisor (acquired, Washington Post).
What you'll do
You’ll be extending and improving our existing properties for connecting consumers to financial products, such as FundedCo and Credit Card Crunch. You'll make these sites elegant and easy to use, and help us plan and execute on our feature roadmap as we grow deeper into these categories and evaluate the markets and technologies to work with next.
What you need
- A strong interest in growing a business from the ground up (we're just seven people today)
- You live and breathe front-end tech, have worked on consumer-facing web applications, and have strong opinions about how to build things right
- Proficiency in Python (our sites are built in Django)
- An understanding of data analysis, analytical techniques and methodologies, or a willingness to learn
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Humility and curiosity for technology and business alike
- Previous startup or financial services experience
- Interest in and knowledge of budgeting, investing, or behavioral economics.
- Experience with SQL and git
- Vanilla (for now) HTML, CSS, JS
- Python (Django)
The world of consumer finance is complex and poorly understood. Uplift Financial simplifies the process of making better financial decisions. Today, our focus is helping consumers find credit products that actually help them get on the right track - no payday loans here. As we grow, we'll be adding new product categories until we're a trusted advisor for every decision in our users' financial lives.
We're a team of Cogo Labs engineers, analysts, and managers, working in a rapidly-growing market with the support of Cogo Labs' engineering and business expertise.
What we value
We have our values written down in our wiki, and we stick to them. If you think these are important, you'll fit in well.
- Integrity. We treat users and each other honestly, fairly, and with respect.
- Responsibility. We are held accountable for our work and our company's results.
- Drive. We are unwavering in our pursuit of excellence.