Come build a company – join Cogo Lab’s newest startup!
We're looking for a sharp analytical thinker and risk taker to join our newest incubated startup that is focused on home services. You will work shoulder-to-shoulder with a team of seasoned analysts to scale our business and use big data to identify new areas of exploration. You will have Cogo Lab’s extensive and proprietary data warehouse at your fingertips as you and your team conduct extensive competitive analysis and execute on scalable user acquisition.
Our analyst team gets to work on all aspects of our business, from optimizing user experience to monetization in order to help grow our reach as a company. We work with SQL, Python, R, and Excel.
- A bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Engineering, or Comp Sci backgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome.
- Flexibility and self motivation. We value the willingness to wear many hats and the commitment to work on whatever needs to get done.
- The ability to make a strong (data driven) case when presenting findings and recommendations, while remaining curious and receptive to feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team, and dedication to helping your teammates learn.
- Passions and interests outside of work you aren't just your resume.
- Bonus points if you've previously been responsible for a business unit's bottom line.
- Bachelor's degree in a field that requires deep analytical thinking and problem solving. Many of us have Math, Econ, Finance, or Engineering backgrounds, but applications from all quantitative fields are welcome.
- Aggressive: Driven; moves quickly and takes a forceful stand without being overly abrasive
- Analytically minded: Data-driven; believes in the value of making decisions on the basis of rigorous, empirical processes
- Articulate: Clearly states project missions, update, decisions, and rationales verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic: Passionate about work; brings a can-do attitude to all activities
- Entrepreneurial: Track record of good decision-making and eager to take on a wide variety of analytical and business roles and responsibilities
- Flexible: Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions; enjoys working in and thrives in a rapidly changing environment
- Focused on results: biased for action; focused on specific goals and resistant to distraction
- Open to Feedback: Actively asks for advice; eager to receive performance feedback and responds positively to suggestions and constructive criticism
- Ownership: What happens or doesn't happen within your project is your responsibility
- Proactive: Acts without being told what to do when appropriate; develops new ideas and self-guides within broader mission
- Self-reflective: Considers work in the context of the entire organization; thinks about self-improvement
- Supportive: Actively helps fellow team members and treats them with respect and kindness
- Work Ethic: Possesses a strong willingness to work hard and sometimes to work long hours to get the job done