Cogo Labs provides the companies we incubate with access to a centralized tech platform that they can use to bootstrap their businesses. We are looking for a Systems Engineer who can help us further develop and support this platform. You’ll collaborate with and learn from experienced engineers while making contributions that directly impact the success and profitability of teams and companies that we’re building.
As our Systems Engineer you will:
- Assist in supporting the company-operated datacenter and cloud ecosystem.
- Provide support to software engineers, analysts and operations staff.
- Administer security privileges throughout the organization.
- Assist in supporting network infrastructure including WAN, network switches, wireless networks, routers, firewalls.
- Supports various cloud technologies such as Office 365 and Amazon Web Services.
- Respond to occasional off-hours outages.
Skills and requirements:
- Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Salt
- Knowledge of a variety of filesystems and storage deployments: NFS, ZFS, S3, etc.
- Knowledge of virtualization environments (Xen, Eucalyptus, VMWare), cloud computing environments (AWS, Azure, OpenNebula) and container environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- The willingness and ability to learn
Would be awesome if you had knowledge of:
- Administering vCenter
- One or more scripting languages: Bash, Python, Go, etc.
- Monitoring platforms: Nagios, Icinga, or similar
- Logging platforms like Kibana
About Cogo Labs:
- We’re a venture accelerator. We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses.
- Our work is challenging and dynamic; our environment is fun and supportive.
- Our company is profitable and established. This means “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, plus an equity share that actually means something.
- Our employees have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and whatever you are.