UI Designer (Uplift)
Cogo Labs is seeking a UI Designer for an incubating company, Uplift Financial. This role is perfect for a candidate with 0-2 years' experience in UI design, including recent graduates. We are looking for someone who wants to get in on the ground floor of a fast growing and innovative start-up, with the support of an incubator with a track record of success, including EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER), Autotegrity (acquired, ADP), and CourseAdvisor (acquired, Washington Post).
What you'll do
In this role, you're going to own Uplift's visual brand. You'll be solidifying and refining Uplift's visual identity across our various products and traffic channels, ensuring that our engineering team has the guidance it needs to build modern and consistent user interfaces. Additionally, you'll work hand-in-hand with analytics and engineering to recommend UI improvements across our full user journey from email outreach to funded loan, increasing user satisfaction as well as our financial performance.
What you need
- A strong interest in growing a business from the ground up (we're just seven people today)
- A great eye for modern web design, and a portfolio to prove it
- An appreciation for data's ability to guide UI decisions (we A/B test everything!)
- Proficiency in Sketch, Illustrator, Photoshop, or other tools for creating high-fidelity mockups
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Humility and curiosity for technology and business alike
- Previous startup or financial services experience
- Interest in and knowledge of budgeting, investing, or behavioral economics.
- Web development experience
The world of consumer finance is complex and poorly understood. Uplift Financial simplifies the process of making better financial decisions. Today, our focus is helping consumers find credit products that actually help them get on the right track - no payday loans here. As we grow, we'll be adding new product categories until we're a trusted advisor for every decision in our users' financial lives.
We're a team of Cogo Labs engineers, analysts, and managers, working in a rapidly-growing market with the support of Cogo Labs' engineering and business expertise.
What we value
We have our values written down in our wiki, and we stick to them. If you think these are important, you'll fit in well.
- Integrity. We treat users and each other honestly, fairly, and with respect.
- Responsibility. We are held accountable for our work and our company's results.
- Drive. We are unwavering in our pursuit of excellence.