At Cogo Labs, we build startup companies from scratch.
We're not venture capitalists, we're a collaborative team of engineers, analysts, and entrepreneurs using innovative tools, big data, and intellectual curiosity to build a platform that spins up successful online businesses, fast. We are looking for a Software Engineer Co-op on our Platform Team to contribute on key initiatives and systems that support our incubating teams and companies in their high growth efforts.
You'll work with engineers and analysts to understand requirements and deliver high quality solutions on time to your customer base. Ownership and accountability are core to how we build successful teams and as a Software Engineer Co-op on the Platform team you will enjoy a high degree of autonomy as we continue building some of Boston's fastest growing startups.
What you can expect from us:
- Work directly on new features, tools, and services that support businesses under incubation
- Streamline and upgrade existing processes
- Support analysts who use our tools in production workflows
- Build monitoring infrastructure that makes sure systems and campaigns are running smoothly
- Maintain and improve existing libraries, APIs, and services that analyst teams and incubating companies depend on daily to grow their businesses
What we expect from you:
- 3rd or 4th year student pursuing Bachelor's degree BA/BS in Computer Science
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, Java or C and database design
- Ability to thrive in an agile, team-oriented environment
About Cogo Labs:
- We’re a venture accelerator - we employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to build profitable large-scale consumer internet businesses
- Our work is challenging and dynamic; our environment is fun and supportive
- Our company is profitable and established - “startup culture” without “startup anxiety”
- The Cogo team is an interesting and diverse group with passions and hobbies outside of work - we are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, beer brewers, and whatever you are!
Please note this position will be from January-May