Minerva Analytics, the latest team to emerge from Cogo’s proven incubator model, is seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team! Using Cogo’s extensive data warehouse, the Minerva team is building communities of users on the internet through a combination of rapid-development web property tools, scalable user acquisition, and extensive competitive and performance analysis. At our core we are a media company that employs data-driven, analytical methodologies to create profitable web businesses.
About the job:
This is a developer position on the Minerva Analytics engineering team. You'll be building performant and maintainable software that is responsible for the continued success of Minerva's daily operations. Your work will enable our team to entirely focus on growth - you'll be the first line of defense against day-to-day problems that arise from our systems. You aren't just another cog in the wheel here: your work will actively determine the success of our products.
A successful candidate will…
- Have experience building performant software in Python.
- Have an understanding of SQL and best practices with data.
- Have a portfolio of projects with viewable code on their resume.
- Think about performance, maintainability, and testing throughout an application's design and implementation phases.
- Thrive in a fast paced, data-driven environment.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Github, TravisCI, Docker, or Kubernetes
- Experience in consumer-focused internet businesses
- Expert-level skill with something unrelated to computers (Legos, an instrument, carpentry, precision ax-throwing, anything).