Are you a UI designer who loves building elegant user experiences? Do you want to measure the effectiveness of your designs through data and testing? Are you looking to grow your skills and work on all stages of design + development? Then we want to talk to you! Minerva Analytics is seeking a full-time designer to work on the branding, marketing, and design testing for our current and new websites.
What you would do:
As the initial member Minerva’s design team you'll contribute to all aspects of design and UX strategy for a variety of projects. This includes wire framing, prototyping, branding, and site + email design. You should also be willing to jump into the front-end code and work with engineers to build + ship the products you design, and to collaborate with analysts to test and optimize our products.
What we're looking for:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and mobile design. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design, maybe you’ve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio to show us.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: Our design teams work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Balsamiq most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about guiding a user to what they need as it is about crafting striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- Ideally you have a few years of professional design experience, however recent graduates with strong portfolios are also encouraged to apply. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Experience with email marketing and development.
- Taken a stats class. Understanding phrases like “normal distribution” and “confidence interval” is a benefit.
- Previous work with tech startups and the desire to build a business.
- Leadership experience and ability and a desire to grow and build a team.