For Senior Software Engineers seeking to expand their technical scope of impact, and flex your management responsibilities, Uplift Financial is hiring.
Uplift Financial is an online marketplace aimed at efficiently connecting consumers to financial products that fit their needs. Located in Cambridge, MA, Uplift Financial is a profitable, venture-backed start-up operating within the online marketing accelerator, Cogo Labs. As part of Cogo Labs, Uplift Financial has access to the assets and teams supporting our acceleration including DB, network, web engineering, and UX teams.
As the sole Software Engineer on the team, your role is critical in supporting the operation of Uplift Financial’s existing web properties, partner interfaces and databases.
In addition, qualified candidates will work independently and with the team on developing new features aimed at improving the experience of Uplift Financial’s consumers.
This is an opportunity to work on challenging problems involving large and complex data sets, high-volume traffic, and real-time feedback. Our production systems are built with Python (Django) and Postgres with a RESTful API layer to interface with our lending partners.
• 2+ years of professional programming experience
• BA/BS in Computer Science strongly preferred
• Fluency with web frameworks
• Fluency with Relational DB; MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Proven ability to build highly scalable systems
• Write exemplary, well-tested code and a willingness to help others debug their code
• Strong communication skills including communicating with non-technical people
• Great team work-ethic and a willingness to educate others
• Experience prioritizing coding projects based on overall business goals
• Entrepreneurial mindset; sense of urgency and accountability
Nice to Have:
• Experience developing mobile applications
• Interest in finance and online business and how to make money online
• Experience A/B testing features with statistical significance
• Management experience, whether it was project or people based