Did you know that half of Americans would need to borrow money to come up with just $400 for an emergency expense? Our mission is to help people make better financial decisions, so that savings accumulate, debt gets paid off, and our users reach their financial goals. Our flagship product, SmartSavings, makes it as easy as possible to set and stick to a weekly budget while still putting money away for longer-term goals.
Contrast is currently incubating at Cogo Labs. This means we have support and guidance from some of the most successful entrepreneurs in Boston, and work in a collaborative environment with over a hundred other smart people.
As our lead analyst, you'll be an integral part of our early growth and development as a company, taking responsibility for user retention and monetization. You'll spend a lot of your time figuring out how to better engage the people who use SmartSavings to manage their budget, whether that's through relevant email or a more engaging on-site experience. Your success will depend on your ability to both execute campaigns flawlessly, and use the results to push for product improvements that will keep our users happy. Bonus points if you want to prototype those features yourself.
- You're analytical and detail-oriented, preferably with a BA/BS in a quantitative field like Math, Economics, Engineering, or CS
- You're comfortable interacting with datasets via Python, R, SQL, or other technical tools
- You're hungry to learn new technical skills
- You enjoy coming up with new product ideas and discussing them with your team
- You like to geek out on personal finance, behavioral economics, or investing
- You have experience in user acquisition or retention for internet businesses
- Weekly catered lunch and well-stocked kitchen
- Commuter benefits parking or T pass
- Equity compensation