A big part of building successful companies is reaching the right audience. Here at Cogo Labs, we try to build reliable, scalable, and customizable tool chains that allow our businesses to find and attract users who will become loyal customers. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take ownership of key components of the core infrastructure that supports these marketing efforts. You'll work with other engineers and analysts alike, and you'll play a key role in incubating some of Boston's fastest growing startups.
When it comes to bits and bytes, our guiding philosophy is that using the right tool for a job is more important than rigid adherence to any particular programming language or tech stack. From humble origins in Python (we still use Python to write quick prototypes and one-off scripts), the majority of our core systems have evolved into highly concurrent Golang services. We also use some embedded Lua and dabble with low level network protocols. RabbitMQ, Ledis, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and Amazon Redshift are some of our favorite data wrangling tools; Munin, Nagios, and Icinga keep us alerted when something's going awry.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will:
- Build new systems to scale and enhance Cogo's email, display, and Facebook marketing capacities.
- Maintain and improve existing libraries, APIs, and services that analyst teams rely on on a day-to-day basis.
- Help analysts and other coworkers understand and better utilize the products you support.
- Collaborate with our Compliance and BD teams to make sure that company best practices are implemented programmatically.
- 3+ years of professional programming experience.
- BA/BS in Computer Science strongly preferred.
- Fluency with at least two of the following languages: Go, Python, Lua, Java or C.
- Expertise with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or Amazon Redshift.
- Solid Linux systems administration skills.
- Proven ability to build highly scalable systems.
- Strong communication skills and a willingness to help others debug their code.
- Good situational awareness and a sense for how to prioritize coding projects based on overall business goals.
- Ability to thrive in an agile, team oriented environment.
- We’re a venture accelerator. We employ data-driven, analytical methodologies to build profitable web businesses.
- Our work is challenging and dynamic; our environment is fun and supportive.
- Our company is profitable and established. This means “startup culture” without “startup anxiety.”
- We offer competitive salaries and benefits, plus an equity share that actually means something.
- Our employees have lives outside of work. We are musicians, athletes, filmmakers, gamers, authors, and whatever you are.